Mobile Home Foundation Inspection

Do You Need a Mobile Home Foundation Inspection by a Structural Engineer?

mobile home foundation inspection

If you are purchasing an existing mobile home and want to get a VA or an FHA loan, you will be required to have a structural engineer foundation inspection so an engineer’s letter may be provided to the lender certifying that the mobile home foundation is compliant with HUD Document 4930.3G   – Permanent Foundations Guide for Manufactured Housing.

Unfortunately, the definition of a new permanent foundation provided in the guide does not consider many common mobile home foundation construction practices to be “permanent”.

For many years Apex Forensic Engineers has been able to assist buyers and agents by performing mobile home foundation inspections and providing structural engineer letters certifying existing mobile home foundations.


Please call us today for more information or click here to Contact Us.

Click the following link for a pdf of the Permanent Foundation for Manufactured Housing